Defense Tax Partners is a company that focuses on advocating for tax relief, and we work to protect you and your loved ones from the devastating impacts of mounting tax debt and other issues through our tax debt solutions. We are experts at settling tax debt, halting wage garnishments, removing bank levies, and even investigating tax fraud. We will strive to protect your financial security and enable you to live a life free of tax-related anxiety.
Understanding Tax Fraud Investigation Services
In a time when identity theft is on the rise, fraudulent tax returns are a typical occurrence. It can be as tricky to deal with as tax collection scams. When a tax return bounces back because of purported duplicates or other issues, it’s a warning sign that someone has stolen your identity.
You must take the appropriate action to ensure that you disclose identity theft appropriately. By doing so, you can get the investigation going in the proper direction and quickly resolve the issue.
Firstly, you should report the suspected incident to the IRS in writing, and inform them that you may have been a victim of tax fraud.
Thereafter, you should retain the help of a tax attorney to look into your case, gather the necessary information and evidence, and present it on your behalf to ensure that your financial state is restored.
Who Needs Tax Fraud Investigation Services?
You have reason to suspect tax fraud due to identity theft is you experience any one of these instances:
- Multiple returns were submitted using the same social security number (SSN)
- For the years where you did not file any taxes, money is owed or refunds are due.
- You notice there is a significant difference between what you actually made and what the IRS claims you owe, highlighting income inconsistencies
- IRS claims there is a duplicate file as the reason for rejecting your return
- You begin receiving calls from creditors you don’t owe money to.
- There are bank withdrawals which you didn’t authorize on your bank statements
- Your medical claim was stalled or denied
- The IRS notifies you that they find something amiss in your return
In such cases, it’s best to work closely with the IRS and Tax fraud experts to get to the root of the issue and resolve it quickly.
The Benefits of Hiring Tax Fraud Investigation Service Providers
A tax attorney can assist you with any issues you may be having with fraudulent tax filings and identity theft. They have tools at their disposal that can expedite an inquiry and assist you in getting to the bottom of the issue.
Why Should You Work with Defense Tax Partners’ Tax Fraud Investigation Specialists?
Investigations take a tremendous amount of time and effort, and frustrations can pile up if you attempt to do it alone. Contact our tax experts so they can help you. You can learn more about our prior work and our suggested options during a free consultation with us before deciding to proceed. This way, you know what help you need to get for your tax fraud investigation.
If you have any questions about tax fraud investigations, do not hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today.